Please urge your Wisconsin Assembly Representative and Senator to support the two bills below. Talking points are listed, but feel free to use your own words when communicating with your legislators.
SUPPORT THESE PRO-LIFE BILLS, and TELL YOUR LEGISLATORS TO DO THE SAME!
Simply click HERE to send off an instant communication to your legislators with our “easy fill” formatted email!
CALL YOUR LEGISLATORS PERSONALLY TODAY!
You can also reach your legislators by calling the Legislative Hotline. In Madison, dial 266-9960.
Toll-free, call 1-800-362-9472.
- This bill sufficiently corrects Wisconsin’s current inability to have appropriate oversight of the flow of a very large amount of federal health care dollars in the state. This bill reroutes Title X funds away from the current sole grantee-Planned Parenthood-and back to the state.
- These funds should be distributed with priority to state, county, and local health departments and health clinics, and then to private hospitals or federally qualified health centers that provide comprehensive primary and preventative care.
- There is really no good reason the $3.5 million in Title X funds awarded to Wisconsin in 2015 should go to the largest abortion provider in the state.
- Planned Parenthood is a limited service provider that operates under little-to-no state or federal regulation.
- This bill will accomplish the intent of the Title X program, in giving low-income women across Wisconsin access to the full spectrum of family planning services covered by the program and in facilities that can provide further access to comprehensive health care for women.
- Senate Bill 237 – companion bill to AB 310
- Stops family planning organizations such as Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin from overbilling the state Medicaid program to the tune of millions of dollars annually through the 340B Drug Discount program.
- Planned Parenthood overbills for drugs they buy cheap and dispense through a Medicaid program, and then sometimes charging the state 3-5 times more than they paid for the drug. That’s an abuse of my tax dollars.
- This bill will save taxpayers millions of dollars by only allowing the family planning clinics to bill the state Medicaid program for actual acquisition costs of drugs in addition to a standard dispensing fee.
- Planned Parenthood and other family planning agencies are supposed to be nonprofit trusted healthcare providers, who receive public tax dollars to serve low-income patients, yet they are overbilling the state for their services at the taxpayers’ expense.
- The 340B Drug Discount Program was not intended to pad the pockets of the family planning clinics.
- Senate Bill 238-companion bill to AB 311.