NOTE: WE KNOW THIS IS LONG! BUT PLEASE READ IT. IT’S TRULY IMPORTANT.
On June 6, 1944, more than 160,000 Allied troops landed on the beaches of Normandy, France, with a clear mission of fighting Nazi Germany. By day’s end, the Allied Forces had prevailed–but at a high cost. More than 9000 Allied troops were killed or wounded. BUT, the foothold they gained that day at Normandy allowed more than 100,000 troops to begin moving slowly but surely across Europe to eventually defeat Adolf Hitler and his forces.
On that June day 72 years ago, a few stood up for the many. Some of those comparative few gave the supreme sacrifice in the line of duty. Their duty was to face evil head on and destroy it. They did–and we today still enjoy the benefits of their standing up for us, our way of life and our values.
Some say the culture wars are over in America. They are wrong. I know they are wrong because I know evil doesn’t rest, doesn’t sleep, doesn’t take a vacation. Evil is always with us because Satan is real and very active. He especially focuses on children–and I believe the so-called cultural war is really spiritual warfare and right now the focus is children.
Consider the following from Washington State. And please know I know it’s not fun to read this stuff. I’m sorry we have to report it, but we would be derelict in our duty if we didn’t alert you. We want you forewarned and forearmed for the sake of the children in your life.
Our sister family policy council organization in Washington State, Family Policy Institute of Washington, recently reported that the Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction will be implementing a new curriculum next year that requires students to learn the following :
- Beginning in Kindergarten, students will be taught about the many ways to express gender. Gender expression education will include information about the manifestations of traits that are typically associated with one gender. Cross-dressing is one form of gender expression.
- Third graders will be introduced to the concept of gender identity. These children will be taught that they can choose their own gender.
- Fourth graders will be expected to “define sexual orientation,” which refers to whether a person identifies as heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual; they’ll also be taught about HIV prevention. Children in fourth grade will be told that they can choose their sexual orientation.
- Fourth and fifth graders will learn about the relativity of gender roles and why such roles are social constructs that are not inherent to who we are as male or female human beings.
- Seventh graders will be expected to “distinguish between biological sex, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.”
- High school students will critically “evaluate how culture, media, society, and other people influence our perceptions of gender roles, sexuality, relationships, and sexual orientation.”
Next year, Washington State public school children as young as 5 years old will be taught about “gender fluidity” and the difference between gender and sexual identity. This is outrageous. It is wrong. It is dangerous. Is Wisconsin next? I’d say it’s only a matter of time unless and until Wisconsin citizens stand up and say enough is enough. Remember–these are children! What a vicious attack on them.
Wondering how this ties into the opening of this email? Well, here’s how. Right now there is absolutely no organization in this state other than Wisconsin Family Action and our sister organization Wisconsin Family Council that is standing up for you on this issue. Of course, that assumes you agree with us that this uber-aggressive sexualized agenda is wrong and dangerous. No other organization is speaking up in the media, contacting members of the state legislature, the Attorney General’s office, and the Governor’s office telling them they need to push back–and push back hard–against President Obama’s unconstitutional mandate that forces every public school in the country to let biologial boys use the girls’ restrooms, locker rooms, and shower rooms and vice versa. Wisconsin Family Action is the only organization that has organized a statewide petition, created a petition citizens can use for their own school district, hosted a statewide teleconference call, written letters to the editor and more.
If you know me at all, you know I don’t brag about our work. So please know I’m not bragging now. I am simply telling the truth. Friends, we are it on this issue (and also on anything to do with marriage, family and religious freedom). If you know of others who are actually doing something and not just talking, we’d love to know so we can work with them. We are storming the beaches of Normandy with everything we have–and I am telling you our resources are meager. This has been an amazingly tough year for us financially–and that’s not meant to alarm. It’s just true. However, we are honored more than I can tell you to stand up for you and your values right now. Your partnership with us financially, in prayer, and in doing some of what is listed below is incredibly important. Please don’t underestimate that. We believe our children are worth doing everything we can to stop this current evil insanity.
I could never make up what you read above from Washington State. And I’m not overstating it when I say it could be in Wisconsin soon. Now…here are a few options in terms of how you can respond.
- Be outraged. Natural inclination but not especially productive. (But I do sincerely hope you are absolutely outraged.)
- Share this email!
- Sign our Petition – join the statewide effort we’ve initiated to protect our schools and our children.
- Contact the school district Superintendent in your area (click here for contact info; just choose your county from the drop-down menu and then your specific school district. Click on the school district’s name on the left of the line and the contact info will come up) and ask them what kind of policy or health and education standards they have regarding gender identity and sexual orientation. Ask to see the policy or guideline and what is being recommended/required to be taught at each grade.
- Contact school board members in your district and ask them the same kind of questions. (School board members can be found on the individual district’s website, which also shows up when you follow the info in #3 above.)
- Let us know what you find out. Send responses you receive to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll publicize the results and provide additional ways you can affect change.
- Pray! Frequently, urgently, earnestly. Join with others. Pray as a family, as a church. Surely we are not content to just let this war on our children go on without praying for God to intervene.
- Invest financially. We need you, and we need you right now. It takes resources to fight; resources to stand. Imagine if our soldiers had stormed Normandy without guns or tanks or ships or aircraft. It’s the same in this battle; we need resources to be effective. If you want a tax deduction for your investment, click HERE.
Thank you for reading this, for sharing it, for taking action, for joining us as we together storm Normandy–on behalf of the children. Together we can face and even defeat the evil that is currently out to destroy our children. We are incredibly honored to stand up for you and your values–regardless of the cost! My prayer is that 72 years from now there will be people who will look back and be grateful we stood and stood strong.
Julaine Appling, WFA President