Resources for Your Family
- American Heritage Girls – AHG is seen as a Christ-centered alternative to Girl Scouts.
- Back to School For Parents – (Family Policy Alliance/Focus on the Family) Resource for parents with kids in public school.
- Citizens Against Expanded Gambling – “Citizens Against Expanded Gambling is a group of concerned citizens, employers and community leaders who oppose the expansion of gambling in Wisconsin. We believe a casino will erode the quality of life in our communities. Communities with casinos experience an increase in crime, poverty and depressed home values. Casinos often cause existing local businesses, like restaurants, movie theaters and stores, to lose revenue.”
- Dad Matters blog (Focus on the Family) – “Dad Matters was started to encourage every dad, step-dad and father figure on his journey, no matter his age or stage or life situation. We, the bloggers on Dad Matters, are dads like you … committed to doing things well, but struggling at times with what that looks like.”
- Family Facts – “Provides data on family and religious practice and analysis of their role in maintaining civil society in America. Charts, Briefs, Reports, and Videos are organized in eight major topics, from Marriage & Family to Economic Well-Being to Community Involvement. User-friendly charts provide a quick reference for some of the most important data trends in America today.”
- Family Talk (Dr. James Dobson) – “We are designed by a loving Creator for relationship with God our Father, and with one another. The institution of the family serves as the basis for developing those relationships and contributing to a strong society.”
- Gambling Addiction (Focus on the Family) – “Gambling is a vice industry built on deception and fed by the intentional exploitation of human weakness for the sole purpose of monetary gain.”
- Gateways to Better Education – “We envision public schools as places where students feel the freedom to express their faith and where they gain an academic appreciation for the Bible and Christianity across the whole curriculum as it relates to history, culture, and values. We show educators how to do this legally and appropriately within existing constitutional boundaries and in keeping with current laws and state standards.”
- Gender Dysphoria in Children (American College of Pediatricians) :Gender dysphoria (GD) in children is a term used to describe a psychological condition in which a child experiences marked incongruence between his or her experienced gender and the gender associated with the child’s biological sex. Twin studies demonstrate that GD is not an innate trait. Moreover, barring pre-pubertal affirmation and hormone intervention for GD, 80 percent to 95 percent of children with GD will accept the reality of their biological sex by late adolescence.”
- Gospel Coalition – “How to Talk to Your Kids About Gender” (4.14.2016) “What Your Kids Need From You” (2.5.2018)
- Howard Center, The: For Family, Religion, and Society – A center for research on the natural family.
- Legacy Coalition: To build a coalition of ministries that champion intentional, Christ-like grandparenting. To be a platform for coalition ministries to engage the Church in the task of envisioning and equipping grandparents to impact future generations who know, love and serve Christ.
- Marriage and Family (Family Research Council) – “Our vision is a culture in which human life is valued, families flourish, and religious liberty thrives.”
- Morality in Media: Porn Harms – “The leading national organization opposing pornography and indecency through public education and the application of the law.”
- National Abstinence Education Association – Working together to help youth make the healthiest choices.
- Plugged In Entertainment Reviews (Focus on the Family) – “Good media discernment is about guarding our eyes and hearts before we watch or listen. And it’s also about grappling with the entertainment we do see or hear. That’s why the Plugged In Blog is devoted to guarding.”
- Pornography Addiction (Family Research Council) – “Pornography is one of the great scourges of our time, and is hurting people in the pews of churches in every denomination. Its dangers are well documented, and one need not look beyond the doors of his own church to see the brokenness pornography leaves in its wake.”
- Talking To Your Kids About Transgender Issues (Focus on the Family) – Transgenderism – also called “gender dysphoria,” “gender confusion” or “gender identity disorder” – is tough enough for adults to understand. So when our children encounter these gender-confusing messages, what do we say? Most importantly, how do we help them develop a biblical, Christian perspective on this issue?
- TrueNorth—Freedom Project – TrueNorth equips parents to understand their sacred sexuality, live it out in the power of Christ, and lead the next generation to do the same.
- The Truth Project – “The Truth Project is a DVD-based small group curriculum comprised of 13 one-hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett. This home study is the starting point for looking at life from a biblical perspective. Each lesson discusses in great detail the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.”
- Thriving Family (Focus on the Family) – “Thriving Family helps families thrive in Christ, offering reliable and time-tested solutions, practical advice and sensible marriage and parenting guidance.”
- Trail Life USA – Trail Life USA is a Christian adventure, character, and leadership program for young men. The K-12 program centers on outdoor experiences that build a young man’s skills and allow him to grow on a personal level and as a role model and leader for his peers.
- Transgender Movement, Understanding and Responding to the – A person’s sex (male or female) is an immutable biological reality. In the vast majority of people (including those who later identify as “transgender”), it is unambiguously identifiable at birth. There is no rational or compassionate reason to affirm a distorted psychological self-concept that one’s “gender identity” is different from one’s biological sex. Neither lawmakers nor counselors, pastors, teachers, nor medical professionals should participate in or reinforce the transgender movement’s lies about sexuality—nor should they be required by the government to support such distortion.
- World Congress of Families – A project of The Howard Center for Family, Religion, and Society.
Disclaimer: links to sites not controlled by Wisconsin Family Action do not necessarily imply our endorsement or recommendation of the organization.