IF YOU LIVE IN THE CITY OF FOND DU LAC−ACT NOW!
The meeting is THIS WEDNESDAY, June 10
Wisconsin Family Action learned this weekend that one of the members of the Fond du Lac City Council is preparing to introduce a proclamation making June “LGBTQ+ Pride Month” in the City. (See picture below for wording of proposed proclamation.) According to our understanding of the Council’s rules, council members do not get a vote on a proclamation. If it gets on the agenda, it is presumed agreed upon and “passed.” The proclamation actually goes out from the President of the City Council, who currently is Brian Kolstad. The only way to ensure this proclamation is not officially done is to keep it off the Council’s agenda. The Council President is the one with the authority to do that.
The proclamation is scheduled to be on the Council’s agenda for its meeting this Wednesday, June 10, 2020. If you agree with us that such a proclamation is not only unnecessary but also inappropriate and even discriminatory against other groups that don’t get such special recognition, here is what you can do:
1) Call or email the Council president, Brian Kolstad, immediately.
2) Share this email with other City of Fond du Lac residents and ask them to join you in opposing this proclamation.
3) Contact your pastor by email or phone and let him know about this proclamation. Ask him to call/email the Council president. This is an especially important action point, since pastors represent so many people.
4) Contact the other members of the City Council and encourage them to let the Council president know they object to having this proclamation move forward.
5) Plan on attending the meeting on Wednesday evening, June 10, if at all possible. The meeting starts at 6 p.m. in the Fond du Lac City/County building at 160 S Macy St., Fond du Lac.
6) Pray that God will move upon the heart of the Council president and other members of the council to stop this effort.