Twelve state legislators earn 100% for their work in most recent legislative session
MADISON, WI – Today, Wisconsin Family Action (WFA) released its 2015-2016 Legislative Scorecard, giving its assessment of how all thirty-three State Senators and all ninety-nine State Assembly Representatives did this past session. The session began in early January 2015 and floor activity concluded in March of this year.
“Within our mission, we work on or at least track quite a variety of bills during a legislative session. It’s important that citizens get an idea of how their elected officials did relative to those proposals,” said Julaine Appling, WFA president.
This past session, three (3) senators and nine (9) representatives earned a 100% score from WFA, meaning on all bills scored, these legislators agreed with WFA’s position.
Read more here.
Did you know you make the IMpossible possible? You do!
We won’t sugarcoat it. This year has been unusually challenging in many ways, not the least of which is financially. But because you and many others like you have stepped up, and because we made tough but necessary internal adjustments, and of course because of our great God, we have have been able to stay the course. Frankly, that’s kind of an IMpossible made possible–and it’s only by God’s grace and your generosity.
Here are some other things that looked pretty much IMpossible at some point this year but in partnership with you were made POSSIBLE.
- Two pro-life bills that were never supposed to even see the light of day this past session were passed and signed into law earlier this year. Both of them deal with taking millions of your hard-earned tax dollars AWAY from Planned Parenthood of WI.
- After nearly 10 years since the original idea and after 6 years of legislative efforts, Wisconsin will have a Choose Life license plate available. We partnered with our good friends at Pro-Life Wisconsin on this project–and just a couple of weeks ago we received official notice that at last–and after a great deal of work–the plate has gone from dream to reality. WFA was and is the only organization in the state that has stood strong and even pushed back against the invasion of the privacy of students in restrooms, locker rooms and shower rooms. In the media, the legislature, and everywhere else, WFA has worked to stop special rights and protections for boys who say they’re girls and vice-versa.
- WFA’s ambitious 2015-2016 Legislative Scorecard was produced and published. Because of the breadth of issues we cover, this is one of the best indicators available regarding how a legislator has done this past session.
- WFA and WFC conducted major educational and voter-turnout efforts for the spring election.
- Between mid-August and Election Day, November 8, WFA/WFC
–personnel traveled over 8000 miles (all in Wisconsin!)
–was involved with 45 different events
–published a robust online voter guide
–produced and distributed 20,000 get-out-the-vote fliers to nearly 500 churches, in addition to 18,000 copies of the October “Church Connection” distributed dealing with why Christians should vote.
–maintained a significant social media presence regarding the election.
–endorsed and supported numerous candidates running for state legislature and several for congress.
–sponsored 7 days of pro-life radio ads in Milwaukee the last week before the election.
–and all this was in addition to our regular work.
In so many ways, you have, through your financial investment and your prayers, made the IMpossible, POSSIBLE.
The bottom line is this: we are running behind budget, and we need to finish this year strong so we can go into the new year, with its unique legislative and cultural opportunities, ready to again, in partnership with you, make the IMpossible POSSIBLE.
Some would say even our vision is impossible: a Wisconsin where God is honored, families thrive, life is cherished, and religious freedom flourishes. However, we believe that in partnership with you we can keep making good strides toward having this ambitious goal become POSSIBLE.
In 2017, our plans include
- Championing legislation that recognizes the humanity of the unborn by preventing the sale and use of the body parts or tissue of aborted babies, while still maintaining important research to help treat and cure diseases that plague humanity.
- Supporting legislation that protects the privacy rights of all students in our public schools, not just a small special group.
- Increasing the number of churches Wisconsin Family Council directly serves from 300 to 360.
- Supporting conservative candidates for State Superintendent of Public Schools and State Supreme Court (spring election).
- Fighting hard to maintain our religious freedom.
Can we count on you to generously invest between now and the end of the year so we can keep championing our shared values of God’s plan for marriage and family, life and religious freedom?Will you keep making the IMpossible POSSIBLE?
$25, $50, $100, $250 or whatever amount God lays on your heart would significantly help us to help you and your family by standing strong for our shared values.
Thank you for being a vital part of a year of making the IMpossible POSSIBLE! To God be the glory!
This year, Family Research Council (FRC) Action issued the winners of their annual True Blue scorecard ratings. FRC Action scored votes on everything from abortion restrictions and veterans affairs to legalized marijuana and safeguarding conscience rights.
>>>>>Read more HERE
We are proud to announce that Wisconsin’s own Rep. F. James Sensenbrenner (WI-05) received a True Blue 100% rating. He was the only one of the Wisconsin delegation to receive the 100% rating. Congratulations!
Congressman F. James Sensenbrenner (R-WI)
Congressmen Paul Ryan (WI-01) and Sean Duffy (WI-07) earned a True Blue rating of 88% each.